OK, this time of the year is SOOOO bad for the waistline. I’m going to really try hard this year to be good. In case you have already given up, here is a recipe that you can happily enjoy! I did last weekend watching football and it was great. Now, it’s back on the wagon and off to the gym I go 🙂
My family doesn’t really have a name for this dip, other than REALLY GOOD! We always refer to it as that southwestern dip thing and everyone knows what it is. It’s great for parties because it can be made ahead and actually tastes better after the flavors blend a little bit. Make it in the morning for the afternoon or evening. Serve with tortilla chips, carrots and cucumbers. Get it while you can because there is never any left over!
Southwestern Dip by Jodie Pelinsky
- 1-8 oz. package light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt (or more if you prefer a thinner dip)
- 1 medium-large tomato, seeded and chopped finely
- 1-4 oz. can diced green chilies
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar
- 2 packets instant chicken bouillon
- a few shakes of onion powder
- juice of 1/2 lemon
Unwrap cream cheese brick, place into a large bowl and let soften for about 20 minutes. In the meantime, seed and chop the tomato.
When the cream cheese has softened a bit, mix all ingredients together in the bowl until well combined. Scoop into a bowl and chill until ready to serve.