Finally, I think people in the Northeast can put away their jackets…..maybe! Just in time for Cicada season. Disgusting. They are everywhere. Maybe this is a good time to get out of here and try camping somewhere Cicada-free! The weather is really going to be nice this weekend.
Even if you aren’t a big camping fan, this recipe is SO good on the grill. Definitely awesome for a small group of friends. You can assemble it the morning of your dinner and keep in the fridge until you are ready to cook it; just leave off the lemon and dressing and put those on right before you cook. If rain soaks your outdoor dinner plans, put it in the oven in the foil on a tray at 450 degrees F. Easy and healthy.
Campfire Salmon recipe by Simply In Season
- 6 Salmon fillets
- 6 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 green or red sweet pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- Place each salmon fillet in the middle of a separate, large piece of aluminum foil.
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic to taste.
- Divide lemon slices and vegetables on top of the fish and pour on dressing.
- Seal the foil, leaving a little space at the top for each package to expand.
- Place directly in the coals of a campfire or in a preheated oven or grill at 450F/230C.
- Bake about 15-20 minutes. The packet will puff slightly.
- Transfer to plates.
- Open carefully to avoid being burned by the steam inside
One of the best sources of Omega 3 antioxidants, Salmon is a power food. Be careful to avoid farmed salmon though because it does not have the same health benefits as wild caught Salmon. One of the best places I have found to purchase wild caught, mercury free Salmon is Vital Choice Seafood. They have many different kinds of salmon ranging from mild to strong in flavor. I would recommend the Silver Salmon for anyone who is just starting to try Salmon because it is mild in flavor.